Inhaling Autumn’s Breath by Emjayelle
↳ Arthur Pendragon has upended his life, and uprooted himself to a new country, hoping to start over. As he looks for something different and new under the fiery colours of fall, he finds that he might be able to become the person’s he’s always wanted to be, all with the help of a quirky French Canadian writer, some serious seasonal activities and just a little bit of magic.
“’I was told to take a small detour through the Chemin des Pères from the highway.’ Merlin bit his lip at his words, sucking in his cheek, his eyes full of mirth. Arthur frowned. ‘What?’
‘It’s just… I just like the way you said Chemin des Pères.’
Arthur’s frown deepened, his self-consciousness was back. He rubbed his palms on his trousers. ‘Didn’t I… didn’t I say it properly?’ he asked, unsure.
‘Oh no no no!’ Merlin stopped Arthur, grabbing his forearm lightly. ‘It was fine! I did understand you, didn’t I? Sorry, I didn’t mean to make you feel bad. I know how embarrassing accents can be, I mean, listen to me! I just meant that I like the way it sounded. It’s cute.’ ”{ Masterpost of fic recs can be found here. }
Thursday, October 3, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment